"Rankings continue to matter more and more for SEO." What is the importance of Rankings in 2015 as far as you're concerned?
Rankings are extremely important because they directly affect sales in many cases. Companies are using Google?s organic results section as a main channel to market its products and services. Lower rankings mean lower sales. Higher rankings mean higher sales. Search Engines will continue to gain market share and therefore rankings will become more and more important.
What are your favorite strategies to get your site or content ranked in the Google SERPs?
Keyword analysis is extremely important. In the past, I did not recommend PPC campaigns but in recent years I have started to do so because PPC is a great way to identify which keywords convert the best. Once the PPC campaign documents the ideal keywords, we use these to define our SEO goals.
What would you say are the 3 critical elements to be covered in an SEO site audit?
3 main elements to analyze in an SEO audit are
- Crawlability - Can search engines see all your content?
- Content creation vs keyword goals - Is the content on your website aligned with your keyword goals?
- Links - Is the website over optimized?
What features do you think are missing in mainstream SEO tools? Are there any processes you'd love to see automated?
I have yet to find a tool that does a complete competitor analysis. It would be great to have a tool that documents for competitor websites the following
- competitor websites for a specific keyword
- Webpage that ranks for a specific keyword (Ranking URL)
- domain and page authority for ranking webpage
- Links and anchor text
- Meta title and description for ranking webpage.