Understanding meta tags
While meta data is not considered a direct factor in your website performance, it dictates your search engine rankings. Meta tags offer important details about your website to the search engines. So meta tags play a key role in helping the search engines understand your website.
About Meta tag analyser
Our tool gives you a meta tag analysis report with essential details about your website’s meta data.
How does the tool work?
- The tool only requires you to supply your website address.
- Once you enter it, you can simply click on the “Check Meta tags” button.
So how does a meta tags analyser help you?
The tool offers you a report of meta keywords, meta description and title along with the length (in characters) of each. You can not only use it to evaluate your meta tags but also of other websites.
Benefits of meta tag analyser
- This tool can be used to analyse the meta tags of top websites helping you gain an advantage over your competitors. By checking the meta tags that work for them, you can tailor your meta data accordingly and therefore increase your chances of ranking higher in the search engines.
- Meta tags analyser comes as a blessing to the SEO experts who want to drive more traffic to their website.
How can you improve your meta report card?
- Meta descriptions (the text content present under you website name in the search engine results) are effective in driving traffic to your website. By creating compelling meta text, you can persuade your audience to take the necessary action. Meta descriptions should be under 160 characters in length and should also be crisp and engaging.
- Meta keywords should be relevant to your business. For instance, if you run a video production company, your meta keywords should be based on video content.
- Your website title shows when someone hovers over your tab in the browser window. This should clearly explain your business. Optimal length is 50-60 characters.