The ultimate goal of RankWatch is to offer its users every piece of important information related to their SEO efforts.
With this thought in mind, we upgraded our tool yet again and came up with a new feature – Youtube Tracking!
Now, along with tracking your rankings on a number of search engines, you can also analyze how well your videos are performing on Youtube.
For those of you who are new to the concept of youtube tracking, here is a quick primer on what it is all about and why is it important.
Youtube tracking allows you to monitor where your video stands (rank of the video) when a user searches for a specific or related videos via keywords on youtube. Now, the question is why do you need it. Good or bad, you should always measure and analyze your results!
Youtube being the second largest search engine (first one being Google) attracts a lot of viewers. Ignoring this large reservoir of potential users to promote your business would not be a wise thing to do.
If you have a website with visual content in the form of videos, it would be advantageous to analyze the reach of these videos to the target audience. Let’s say, you created a terrific animated explainer video with the sole purpose of boosting your online visibility and sales. By tracking the video’s appearance on youtube search result, you will get to know if it is ranking well enough and reaching the optimal number of interested users.
RankWatch would help you in achieving the above goal in few elementary steps. Let’s take a walk through the steps you need to perform on RankWatch in order to track your video’s ranking on youtube.
Now, let’s take have a look at the steps you need to perform on RankWatch in order to track your video’s ranking on youtube.
You would need the following information beforehand to start tracking youtube videos:
- URL of the Video: This will be the youtube URL of the video which will also serve as a “project” (it is explained later)
- Target Location: The location or country for which you want to know the rankings of the video on youtube.
- Keywords: The keywords for which the video is optimized.
Once you have all these details, you can effectively start the process:
The first step would be to login, go to the dashboard and click on “Add a new Project”
Feed in the required information under the “Add a new Website” page
1. Domain Name: Add the youtube URL of the video here that you want to track. This video will serve as one project for your RankWatch account. Please note that you can only track one video at a time in your youtube project. Now, once you enter the URL in the box, you will see its preview at the right corner. This would imply that your video URL has been validated and simultaneously you can ensure that correct youtube video is being tracked.
2. Project Name: Give a desired name to this project.
3. Search Engine: As soon as your video is validated, you will see an additional option of “Youtube” in the search engines drop box. You simply need to select that.
4. Country: This would be the targeted location for your video tracking. Select the country where you require the rankings of your video to be tracked and click on “+Add Engine”. You will see the YouTube icon and the selected country under the ‘selected search engine’ list.
Once you are done with this, you can go ahead and click on “Next”.
Add the keywords that you have you optimized your video for
You can add them only by one or via ‘+Add Multiple’ in which you can add 100 keywords at a time. Once you are done adding the required keywords, click on “Save and Track”.
Analyze the results of Youtube tracking of your video
Once you click on “save and track”, you will be redirected to the dashboard. Here you can see the rankings of your videos against the keywords that you are targeting.
“Ranking Overview” will give you the ranks against all the keywords that you have added and “Keyword Overview” will provide the rankings details of an individual keyword.
Please note that the other features on the left navigation panel for youtube projects will be unavailable.
I hope this helped you. In case of any queries, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Happy Rank Tracking!