Making a new website demands relentless efforts and many sleepless nights.
Any website owner puts those efforts with the ultimate goal of appearing in search engine results pages.
But what if your website does not appear in any search results?
Sounds like a nightmare, right?
As a matter of fact, that can easily happen with your new website if it misses out on Google indexation, a compulsory process that your website needs to pass through to make a place in those 10 blue links.
However, crawling, indexing, and ranking are three different things. Though, many SEO experts make a mess out of them and use these terms interchangeably as a mistake.
Hence, first, let’s understand a few basic definitions before diving into indexing. That will help you better understand this article for sure.
Crawler/Web Spider: A software program that follows typical algorithms to find the most relevant content for the searchers on the internet.
Googlebot: Google’s crawler.
Crawling: Crawlers’ method of following hyperlinks to extract new content from the web.
Indexing: The process of storing web content and catalog files in an enormous database.
Ranking: Google’s algorithm for picking up the most relevant web pages with the highest quality content from its index to rank them in search results.
What is Google Index?
Google Index is an enormous database where Google stores all the web pages crawled by Google crawlers to show them in search results.
Why Should You Get Your Website Indexed?
Following are the key reasons you should get your website indexed by Google,
- Unless Google indexes your website, it does not become eligible for ranking.
- Your website cannot be visible on any search result without site indexing.
- Your website cannot receive any organic traffic unless Google indexes it.
What Are Google Indexing Factors And Their Impacts?
In this section, we will discuss the prime Google indexing factors that your website needs to consider and how to tackle those factors using the most reliable tool.
Quality Of Your Web Content
If your website offers the highest quality content, it can significantly boost the speed of your website indexation.
Google prefers content that is most relevant to searchers’ queries as it helps them to offer the ultimate user experience.
Writing top-notch content is a must, but more is needed.
You must run that content using a reliable tool to check further provisions of improvements.
RankWatch’s SEO IQ feature can perfectly handle this.
The feature offers improvement ideas for the header, sub-headers, and body of the web page content in detail.
You can get suggestions on keyword usage by clicking the content recommendations tab. It also measures the relevancy of the keywords to the context of your web page content.
You can find the optimization status of your web page content by clicking on the ‘Content Editor’ tab. It provides you with keywords for better web page optimization.
Clicking on the ‘Questions’ tab of the content editor will provide you with the most popular search queries often used by searchers. Using them as FAQs or headings in your content will definitely enhance your web page SEO.
Popularity Of Your Website
Your website’s popularity and online visibility play an important role in site indexing.
Google prioritizes a popular website during site indexation.
So what is the best way to make your website popular?
Leveraging social media is the most effective way to boost the popularity of your website.
Websignals is an AI-powered tool that helps you monitor all your social media content by providing real-time alerts and updates in your registered email.
It lets you perform a detailed sentiment and competitor analysis for each social media post.
The tool tracks your brand and competitors on more than 120 million sources.
You can utilize the tool to perform the following tasks,
- The tool enables you to provide organized customer service.
- You can execute detailed market research using Web Signals.
- You can monitor and track the performance of your online competitors.
- You can boost your website’s online presence and popularity.
Backlink Profile Of Your Website
Your website’s Backlink profile plays an essential role in indexing a website.
The quantity and quality of your website’s backlinks reflect your web pages’ authority.
Analyzing your competitors’ backlink profiles is also essential to understand their marketing strategies.
RankWatch backlink checker free online tool, is the best for checking your and your competitors’ backlink profiles to discover new opportunities.
Just follow the simple steps to execute a backlink analysis on your competitors,
- Log in to your RankWatch account and visit the dashboard.
- Click on ‘Backlink Analyzer’ and enter the domain name of your competitor’s website.
- Click on the ‘Search’ Button.
- The tool will provide you with the summary report in no time. It includes total numbers of active and deleted backlinks, citation score, trust score, and a date-wise link acquisition trend graph. You need to follow up and resolve the issues behind deleted backlinks.
- The referring domain flow metrics includes the list of domains referring to your competitor’s website along with their citation score, trust score, number of backlinks, and Alexa rank.
- It will also provide you with a date-wise referring domain trend graph.
- Scrolling down further will provide you with the list of anchor texts used for all the backlinks.
- You can find the entire list of backlinks with landing URL below that.
- You can find the backlink distribution charts if you scroll down. You can gauge the ratio of your active backlinks to deleted backlinks and do-follow links to no-follow links from the charts.
You can further improve your backlink profile and find new linking opportunities by using these data.
Structure Of Your Website
A logical website structure not only helps users to navigate through the website quickly but also assists crawlers to find and index a website.
The only way to examine your website structure is to perform a site audit.
RankWatch’s site-auditor is the most user-friendly tool for performing a thorough website audit.
Only you need to follow a few simple steps mentioned below,
- Log in to your RankWatch account and go to the dashboard.
- Click on the ‘Site Auditor’ tab and enter the domain of your website.
- Click the ‘submit’ button.
- The site auditor summary dashboard will instantly generate a detailed crawled report showing HTTP status code distribution chart and total site score.
- The HTTP status code distribution chart includes all the essential crawling stats like 200 pages, 301 redirects, failed URLs, and many more.
- The issues found in the site score chart are distributed in three categories; high, medium, and low, depending on their type of criticality. It helps you to decide which issues need to be addressed immediately.
- Scrolling down further will serve you the page depth of all your web pages.
- The tool also provides you with a page response time distribution chart showing the speed of all your URLs. You can easily identify the slow URLs and can start working on them to reduce the bounce rate.
- If you scroll down you will get the entire list of your non-indexable pages. This is crucial information and you need to re-work on these pages without delay.
Internal Links Of Your Web pages
Internal links play almost an equally essential role, like backlinks to index a site.
Hence, it is crucial to keep an eye on your internal links using a reliable tool like the RankWatch seo web page analyzer tool.
Clear and descriptive URLs not only enhance user experience but also help search engines understand the purpose of your web pages.
Website owners use Robot.txt files to indicate search engines not to crawl specific portions of their websites, especially duplicate web pages.
However, if your robots.txt file instructs search engines not to crawl the entire website, Google site indexer may not index the website.
Hence, it is essential to check the robots.txt files applied on your website by using the RankWatch website SEO analysis tool.
Website owners use canonical tags to resolve issues related to duplicate content.
Canonical tags describe search engines which version of the content is most relevant to the searcher’s query.
If Google crawlers find a web page with a canonical tag redirecting to another URL, it will not crawl that web page version.
As a result, the web page will not be indexed by Google.
You need to check the canonical tags using the RankWatch website analyzer tool and ensure that they are applied on the right web pages redirecting to the URL of your desired page.
A Step-By-Step Guide For Adding Your Website To Google Search Console For Indexing
The easiest way to request Google to index a website is using Google Search Console.
You must follow these steps for Google search console setup, provided you have a Google account. That is the only requirement to get started with your Google console account.
- Open the Google search console.
- Add your website.
- Finish the verification process proving the ownership of your website. That is crucial as Google Console shows confidential information about the website that only the owner should know. Moreover, it allows you to make alterations that may change your website’s appearance in Google.
Now as you have successfully created your Google Search Console account, you can add properties. You must follow the below-mentioned steps to add a property to your Google Console account.
- Open the Google console page and select the property type using the property selector dropdown.
- You can select from the following three property types,
URL-prefix property (https://example.com)
Domain property (example.com)
Google-hosted property (Sites, Blogger, Workspace)
- You need to select a verification method in the next step.
- Once you have chosen the method, you need to follow the verification steps for that method.
- You can immediately follow those steps to complete the verification process.
- Follow the steps without closing the pop-up window for immediate verification. After completing all the steps, click the ‘Verify’ icon in the pop-up window.
Or you can also save the settings and continue with the verification process later.
- Click ‘Verify Later’ and close the pop-up window to continue the verification later at your convenience. That will save your current settings and allow you to resume verification later.
- After completing all the steps, click the ‘Verify’ icon in the property selector navigation bar to finish the verification.
- The Google console collects data for the added property even before the verification process completes.
- Data should start appearing in your GSC account after a few days of completing the verification process.
Now, once you have verified and added your website to Google Search Console, you need to request Google to index your website.
You need to follow the following steps to perform the same,
- Open Google Search Console.
- Go to the URL inspection tool.
- Paste the URL you want to be indexed by Google into the search bar.
- Allow time for Google to complete the URL-checking process.
- Click on the ‘Request Indexing’ button.
Though Google search console is an efficient free tool offered by Google, it imposes data limitations on its users.
But you need not worry about this.
RankWatch provides a solution that will allow you to use your Google Search Console to its ultimate potential.
Here comes RankWatch Console.
Your one-stop solution to overcome all limitations imposed by GSC.
How To Connect RankWatch Console With GSC?
You need to follow the following steps to connect RankWatch console with GSC,
- Go to RankWatch.com and log in.
- Then under Universal Research, select the Console module as your mode of research.
- Then select your Google Search Console (GSC) account you want to add with RankWatch console.
Benefits Of Using RankWatch Console
Once you have integrated your GSC account with the RankWatch console, you can get every detail of the website you want to analyze.
Only you must follow a few steps to get that,
- Choose the property (website) you want to analyze.
- You can either keep the country as Global or choose any particular country depending on your business area.
- Then you need to select the time frame for which you want to perform the analysis, as shown below. RankWatch offers data for a range maximum of up to 16 months.
- You can keep the device type as All or select a particular one as per your requirement.
- Then click the Submit button just beside that.
- The reports will be ready within the blink of your eye.
As a website owner, your prime target remains to see your website appearing in search results.
However, the first step towards that is to get your website indexed by Google.
A new website owner must consider factors like offering top-notch content, boosting popularity by leveraging social media, enhancing backlink profiles, interlinking web pages correctly, maintaining a logical website structure, and optimizing web page URLs to speed up the indexing process by Google.
However, you must also ensure that no robots.txt file is instructing search engines not to crawl your entire website, and the canonical tags are applied on duplicate web pages redirecting them to the best version of the content.
Once you ensure using a reliable tool that all the above factors are in line, you must generate a Google indexing request using the search console.
The tool you have chosen must be able to overcome Google search console’s data limitations too.
I hope this article helps you to get your site indexed as soon as possible. That will enable you to start your website’s ranking battle.