There are numerous ways in which Webmaster Tools will benefit your website upon registering. It ensures that your website is in good health with utmost efficiency.
Some of the basic benefits gained by users include:
- You will be able to gain access to all search statistics for Google.
- All data regarding incoming links and internal links will now be on your fingertips.
- Notification alerts if your site has any crawling errors (spam, viruses etc.)
- Shows you how effective your keywords have been for your website.
- In-depth insight into all crawling and indexing activity on your website.
Google Webmaster Tools allow you to access five main components of information about your site. Configuration, Health, Traffic, Optimization and Labs.
Out of these five compartments, Health, Traffic and Optimization provide you with the most useful information.
A) Health: Google Webmaster allows you to identify crawl errors, crawl stats and malware on your website which you can then work on to fix.
B) Traffic: Once you obtain greater information on the traffic your website is getting, you can begin to understand about your audience and they view your site in different search engines. Under this component, the search queries section will allow you to evaluate how your viewers are finding your site, which keywords people are using to find you, how often these keywords are directing them to your site along with the number of clicks, impressions and CTR (Click Through Ratio). Once you understand your viewers better, you can strategically target them better and derive greater traffic.
The “Traffic” Tab will also allow you to dig deeper into your link information, which includes Inbound and Internal links:
1. Links from somebody else’s website to yours. An inbound link is only effective if the quality of the link is high. Higher quality website is determined by its content, higher page rank and how relevant the site is to your own website.
2. It is crucial that all of the inbound links do not direct to one page on your website (i.e. Home Page). Push the direction of links to different pages on your website which makes it more natural and strengthens your SEO strategy.
- An internal link is one that points to another page on the same website.
- Google perceives a page having a higher value, which has more internal links pointing to that particular page.
- Lastly, internal links helps your visitors to navigate better within your website to different pages.
Under optimization, two very important aspects should be considered.
HTML improvements: HTML Improvements provides you with essential information on your Meta descriptions, title tags and non-indexable content. Once you identify and address these, you may help improve your site’s user experience and performance.
Content Keywords: The Content Keywords page lists the most significant keywords and their variants Google found when crawling your site. Using these keywords in concurrence with the search queries provides insight into Google’s interpretation of your website’s content.